Kentucky Chess Association

USCF Affiliate

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Everything Else > $5 USCF Chess Sets

Ken McDonald

I attended the National High School Chess Championships this weekends. The organizers offered all the chess pieces and boards used in the tournament for sale at a price of $5 per set. The pieces are standard black/white unweighted plastic. The boards are vinyl, have 2-1/4" squares, and are numbered and lettered for annotation. The a1 square contains the words "2015 National High School Championships  Columbus, Ohio". The h1 square has an emblem incorporating the tournament name and location. USCF is printed on the border.

In two weeks the same vendor will be selling boards from the National Junior High Championships here in Louisville. Any organizations or individuals interested in buying sets at a very good price should consider this. I know they will offer additional discounts for large quantities. I was quoted $4.50/set for quantity 100. Those of you with better negotiating skills might get an even better deal. 

April 13, 2015 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JerryBaker

Great info! I will be buying some sets for the UK Chess Club.

At last count, I think I had 22 members that did not own a regulation chess set/board.

--

Lexchess.com - Open chess tournament information

April 14, 2015 at 2:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

APorter

Great tip, Ken. Thanks!

--

Don't you know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one wins the prize? So then, run to win!

1 Corinthians 9:24 

April 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.