Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Chess Discussion > Bluegrass Games

Ricky

If one were interested in hosting this, how would I go about it?

I'm willing to get my hands dirty and try to host it.  Would love to get some information.

April 29, 2015 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JerryBaker

Contact Ryan Velez, he has been contacted by the Bluegrass Games folks.

--

Lexchess.com - Open chess tournament information

April 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

I was contacted and said I would run it.

However, if someone else wants to run it that is ok by me. I'll e-mail you Ricky, I see you have already messaged me on Facebook.

--Ryan

April 30, 2015 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricky

Hi Ryan. Yea, I'm just trying to get a feel if this event is too big for me or not.  I 've heard it has a large scholastic tournament. I have no experience with that. I could still try to do it if I can get some volunteer tournament directors. I can organize it just fine, but if its a very large turnout I would need help with sections, tie breaks, and general tournament running.

April 30, 2015 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

I will drive the 3.5 hours to help you run the event.

I am trying to unite this community. If someone wants to contribute towards growing chess in Kentucky, then I will be there to help them.

I will be back in town Monday and we can chat then. E-mail Amy about you organizing the event. If you need any help let me know. The only thing we need to coordinate for sure is the date. I have to make sure I am able to make it in order to help you!

--Ryan

April 30, 2015 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Phillippi

As a parent I hope the schedule of previous years is maintained. The Chess portion of the Bluegrass State Games has been held on the Saturday between the dates of July 14-July 21. That would make this years date July 18.

May 1, 2015 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricky

I do plaon on doing it on Juily 18th. I will see what I can do. Mr. Frank Niro has been kind enough to help us organize it as well.

May 1, 2015 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.