Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Awards and Recognition > Senior TD

JerryBaker

Finally took the Senior TD test. I've been eligible since the late 90's. Test was actually harder than I expected, but I did pass.

There are a lot of suble changes in the new 6th ed. Rules Book. Michael Johnson started a Facebook group for TD's that I think will be useful for all TD's. https://www.facebook.com/groups/738581386251178/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/groups/738581386251178/

It may be a private group, so you will have to contact Michael for joining.

--

Lexchess.com - Open chess tournament information

June 3, 2015 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rburns
Administrator

Congrats Jerry!!!

--

Randas Burns

KCA President

June 3, 2015 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Johnson

Congratulations Jerry!  And after reading your post, I've changed my Facebook settings to allow more people to be able to contact me.  I'll be happy to add any TD's to that Facebook group. 

Also, if I enough players contact me with ratings in the 1800's, I'll consider hosting invitational tournaments for Class A players only.  I'll call those the Expert Factory meaning to help players achieve their expert rating. But only if there's enough interest.

--

Michael Johnson

3 Tables Chess Club

June 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

There is enough interest. I refer people to you often.

--Ryan

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

June 4, 2015 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan P Miller

This is definitely something that should happen, especially in the summer when some higher level college players are back from school. If you guys end up throwing one together, I may consider throwing in a nominal donation to fund prizes.

As it happens, I was talking to Steve Dillard around this time last year about what it would take to get an 8-player round-robin invitational with a mean rating of 1800+, so as to fulfill the requirement for a Category R tournament. But, as usual, I got too busy to put in the time to make it work. Maybe after I finally graduate college...

-RPM

--

June 4, 2015 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricky

Congrats Jerry!  

June 5, 2015 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.