Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Awards and Recognition > Owensboro July Open results:

Charles Jones

The Owensboro July Open was on July 18. There were 17 players, with a median rating of 1682.

Andy Porter came in 1st place with a score of 4.0, James Pollitt won the A class with a score of 3.0, Dennis Hurst won the C class with a score of 3.0, Terry Fathauer and Scott Campbell shared the C class prize, and James C. Ballard won the D/E class prize.

July 20, 2015 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JerryBaker

I gotta get down to one of your tourn soon.

Especially since one of my old college friends seems to be back playing: Bill Brooks!

--

Lexchess.com - Open chess tournament information

July 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

APorter

Nice job with the tournament, Chuck. The site had good lighting, was quiet, and was kept at a comfortable temperature. And, as always, the players in the Owensboro/Evansville area were very cordial.

--

Don't you know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one wins the prize? So then, run to win!

1 Corinthians 9:24 

July 23, 2015 at 8:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charles Jones
Thanks for your great comments on the Owensboro July tournament.. I'm currently planning our next tournament in mid-September. Look for a notice soon! Chuck
July 30, 2015 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

I am going to try to make it out to one of your events in the next few months. I am super busy but I am happy to see chess going in Owensboro!! :-) Keep it up Charles!

--Ryan

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

August 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Davis

It's quite a drive from Lexington, but I'll try to make it over there sometime too.

August 7, 2015 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.