Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Tournament Announcements > Graves County Fall Scholastic

Tom Knight

Fun reminder to any and all scholastic players on in western kentucky, or those that want to make the trip, we have a tournament at Graves County High School. This is the 3rd year for us to do this and it is our fundraising tournament.

The information is on the Tournament Calendar. 

Thanks for coming out if you can make. We look forward to seeing you all!

--

Tom Knight, 3rdº MM & Shriner

September 8, 2015 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Knight

The good and bad news of this little event I planned. Due to the Free USCF Membership tournament(s) that is scheduled for October 10th, my original entry numbers dropped to less than enough for one section. It was decided last Friday to reschedule and relocate the Graves County Fall Scholastic to Lowes Elementary School on October 24 allowing all those new Quad A members a chance to compete locally before the Quad in January.

This change has inspired other organuizers in the far west of the Quad A to also plan and set events this season. We may be looking at about 7-9 events in the Quad A before February!

Thanks for all the support from the KCA so far! It makes a difference to me.

--

September 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

This is super awesome !!! E-mail me the event names / dates / contact info and I can get them on the Calendar (you can also e-mail Johnny Harlamert but I usually handle the scholastic stuff since I am more in tune with what is going on.

It's been stressful for me lately but this is some very welcomed news!

--Ryan

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

September 17, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Knight

Getting psyched about the GC Fall Scholastic this weekend. It's our 3rd year running, and we expect entries from 6 different schools all over western ky. We relocated to a different building that is very excited to host us. If anybody is out our way, scholastic player, or otherwise come in and say hi. If you travel from farther away than Bowling Green the entry fee in waived! Just let me know if your coming.

--

October 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.