Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Chess Discussion > Building a chess club

solomon

over the 3 years I have lived in Kentucky I have not been able to play in any events. Mainly due to the fact that most events are in locations that are by far 2 to 4 hours away making playing a tiresome ordeal. I am trying to use social media to find any USCF players in or around laurel county to organize a chess club that could put together chess events. Filling a huge need in the southeast area of Kentucky. If this body knows of any USCF rated players near London, Ky. Or if they read this please contact me at korchnoichess1@yahoo.com to discuss how to get started. Thank you

June 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JerryBaker

We have a few players from there. Guy from Corbin comes to most of our tournaments. London is maybe a 75 min drive from our Lexington tournaments.

I will contact and have them send you an email.

--

Lexchess.com - Open chess tournament information

June 16, 2016 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

I sent him an e-mail too. I connected him with Larry about possibly meeting some scholastic teams down there to get a club going.

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

June 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rennat

If you want to start a club in the area I can probably help you a lot. I will Email you my number, give me a call when you get a chance.

June 17, 2016 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

This sounds awesome!!

If you all generate any scholastic chess interest let me know so I can get them the KCA tournament schedule !!

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

June 18, 2016 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

solomon

Sorry I got sick and was unable to meet Jeff and Jerry but Jerry I will be at the Lexington event

June 26, 2016 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.