Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Tournament Announcements > Covington Classic Scholastic Chess Tournament

alan trimble

In what is shaping up to be what can only be described as the Largest Scholastic Chess Tournament in the History of Kentucky Chess to be held on President Jimmy Carter's birthday, the Covington Classic Chess tournament will be held on October 1st at the historic Covington Holmes High School.  To all my Northern Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville friends this is looking like a really fun tournament and all proceeds will benefit the Covington Holmes High School Chess team, who competed in tournaments for the first last season.  I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it and I will keep folks posted on the entries as they roll in.  

July 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rushu2009
How do we sign up for this tournament?
September 14, 2016 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

e-mail Alan Trimble at tahnveera@yahoo.com

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

September 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

alan trimble

yes...or you can also email me at alt1978@aol.com with any questions that you have about the tournament.  We are so excited about getting scholastic tournament chess started in Northern Kentucky!  

Take care,

Alan Trimble

September 16, 2016 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

alan trimble

We have 12 confirmed from Rosa Parks Elementary making the trip up to Covington, Villa Madona has a squad of 15 players coming over, and Blue Ashe Chess Club in Cincinati is bringing down a K3 team.  Covington Holmes High School is fielding a large team, and Ryle High School as well as Simon Kenton are also bringing teams!  

Email me at: alt1978@aol.com to join in the Northern Kentucky Chess-plosion.  

September 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

alan trimble
There will be concessions sold onsite courtesy of the Holmes Senior Class and the Holmes ROTC students are volunteering to assist with parking and directing folks into the school. Simon Kenton and Ryle High Schools are going to be in the house and entries are up over 50! Good luck and safe travels to all.
September 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.