Kentucky Chess Association

The USChess state affiliate for all of Kentucky.

Chess Talk

Forum Home > Scholastics > SPFWO

James Phillippi

To all who worked on the SPFWO this past weekend thank you for a well run tournament. From a parents viewpoint I did not see any problems. I hope this events will remain a annual event for many years in the future. I thought that it was very good that all the winners of the different girls divisions were rewarded with an all expense paid trip to St Louis in July for the all girls tournament.

November 22, 2016 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ryan Velez

Thank you!

Susan said the event had no issues from her end either. They mentioned potentially flying me elsewhere to train others on how to run more smooth events.

I am pleased to also announce another Kentucky chess player won the scholarship this year: Michael Harris! :-) This also gives me reason to continue to run the event. Bringing scholarships to Kentucky is amazing and we'll run the event as long as we can.

I am expecting it to be a bit larger next year because Tom Knight and Dennis Minnis have agreed to advertise it. Susan also gave me 100% full authority to help people get to the tournament in any way I can. So I will make announcements about that next year.

--Ryan

--

KCA Scholastic Coordinator

November 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.